1. I got April Fool’ed before 8AM! I fell for a “I’m getting married” facebook note. Hey, I live in a hotel and barely know the day of the week, much less the actual date!
2. I had a dream our property manager found us a place in Japan and insisted we would love it. He kept saying we would love living “on the economy” (why is this the phrase people use when saying you need to live in town?) and had some crazy, cool 3d model thing to show us. Weird.
3. We finally got passports for Chris and Alice – I’m going to fill out mine today or tomorrow and can’t find Jake’s birth certificate so his will have to wait until we get to Washington and I order a new one! I mean I am ordering a new one and we aren’t doing the paperwork til we get there. I have no idea where his bc went either, I keep fairly good files.
4. We have renters in South Carolina! Yeah yeah, let’s not get into the whole real estate talk and how us owning these houses is crazy. Cause it kind of is, but we are okay. We are doing it right, as far as we can tell. And we have been lucky enough to have renters in; I know others haven’t been as lucky.
5. The weather is really bad on the plains and I’m not sure if we will leave tomorrow afternoon as previously planned. However, is this me doing some avoiding? I’ve already said I don’t want to go back because since I’ve been away, my grieving for my Grandma has been isolated. I can’t imagine what it’s like to live there, I would have been living next door to her empty (but for my cousin) house. As it stands I was figuring we would get there late Friday night, stay for the weekend and then leave Monday morning. Everyone works anyway, and it would just be strange to be there all day with nothing to do, since before the day was spent hanging out with Grandma. I’m pretty much convinced myself that we are staying here, but I haven’t told the hotel yet. The storm seems it’ll be Sat and Sun so maybe we’ll leave Monday? I’m still thinking about it, convinced myself or not.
6. We had lunch on the ship today and gave the guys their secret projects! Here’s the deal – back in January I decided I wanted to make Chris a quilt to take with him. Then I talked to a few other wives who thought it was a good idea too so I said I’d help them with theirs. After a little talking, we decided to make quilts or blankets for all the officers on board (easy cause we only have 11 officers). The married guys got quilts (except two because there wasn’t enough time once we decided what we were doing) and the single guys got fleece tie blankets. My Mom and K’s Mom helped and each made two of the fleece blankets too. I didn’t get pictures of those, but here are others:
Chris’ quilt – this is when I was basting it. I still have to do the binding before it’s finished!
Auburn quilt for Brian – I added a border to this too. And I never want to see the color orange again. LOL
K’s quilt for her husband.
K working on quilting her quilt!